“utobo? That’s an uncommon name. What does that mean?” Most of your who haven’t heard about utobo before, will have this as your first question.
Q: What does utobo mean?
Ans: The essence of the name utobo stands for innovation, independence, determination, courage, sincerity and activity. Isn’t it a beautiful world? A word that beautifies all good qualities of a businessman in one word.
Q: What does utobo do?
Ans: utobo is an online platform that allows tutors to upload courses, test series and track the performance of their students while their queries are solved by our ever efficient support system.
Q: How would I conduct live classes?
Ans. It can be easily scheduled from tutor’s account and it will show up in student account as soon as it is scheduled.
Q: Can the live classes be recorded through another app?
Ans. The live classes cannot be recorded in the mobile application through any third party app as the feature has been disabled (in the app only)
Q: How many live classes can be conducted simultaneously?
Ans. In premium, one room a/c details will be given which means 1 live class at once can be made. This will be 3 in enterprise plan. However, more rooms can be purchases with INR 2000/- pm. per room.
Q: How safe is my course material?
Ans. All the data is end to end encrypted and only the students who have enrolled in your course can access to your data.
Q: Are there any hidden charges on the platform?
Ans. No, there are none. Depending on the plan chosen, u make a one time payment. Any amount the student pays for the course is given to you fully.
You would only have to pay a reasonable amount in case u exceed your quota of storage or in case you need to add more room for live classes.
Q: Is the bulk SMS option only applicable for Indian numbers?
Ans. No, SMS can be sent to international numbers as well.
Q: Can we upload question series in custom format?
Ans. Yes, you can. In case u want to upload question series in a format different from the one we have fixed, all you need to do is contact our support team and we will help you through it.
Q: Can we add our desired payment gateway on utobo?
Ans. Yes, you just have to contact support team and we will help you through it.
Q: How do I subscribe to a utobo plan?
- Visit www.utobo.com
- Go to pricing and choose your favorite plan
- Click on subscribe button
- It will lead to the PayPal payment page
- Choose to pay through PayPal account, debit/credit card or net banking
- Give billing details
- Once the payment is made, you will receive an email with login credentials of tutor dashboard
- Visit www.utobo.com
- Click on Tutor login/register
- Sign-up using mobile number
- Once logged in, choose your favourite plan
- Pay through PayPal account, debit/credit card or net banking
- Get immediate access to tutor dashboard
Q: How will my students get access to my material?
- Student can download utobo mobile application from Google play store and Apple App store
- They have to Sign-up using your institute
- Once their mobile number is verified through OTP, they can successfully log in
- They can access the education material based on the subscription plan or can subscribe to one
Q: Do I need to have any technical skills to work with the app?
Ans: No, our app is user-friendly and if you know how to use Facebook, we are good to go. In case, you have any queries about the platform, our support team is available at your service 24×7.
Please reach us if you have any further doubts. We are happy to help. 🙂
Avinash Somjani is an intern at utobo and he is currently pursuing his MBA at SIBM Bengaluru. He is passionate about sports, science fiction, history and the ever changing colour of his pen.